Monday, January 6, 2020

My Favorite Books of 2019 (that I read)




I am happy to share my favorite reads of 2019


Literary Fiction
The Walls of Lucca
by Steve Physioc

A wonderful family sage
set from WWI to the Rise of Mussolini
—history, drama, humor, spirituality all in one story


Best Short Novel
Tortilla Flat 
by John Steinbeck

Sweet tales of Mexican-American people
in post-WWII era Monterey, CA
2019 Religious nonfiction


Paul: The Apostle
by N. T. Wright

Excellent insights into Paul, man and apostle;
top-notch scholarship and spirituality

The Universal Christ
by
Richard Rohr, OFM

A reminder and reawakening of the true,
everlasting nature of Jesus the Christ

Jesus and the Jewish Roots
of the Eucharist
by
Brant James Pitre

masterful biblical scholarshipties the events of the Last Supperto the fulfillment of Passover

Poetry
 Rain and Embers
by
Ali Nouri

Beautiful, heart-rending poemsin a cycle of love lost and love found



1 comment:

  1. I am grateful to these five authors and poet for the hours of enjoyment and challenge they provided for me during 2019 through their outstanding books.

    ReplyDelete