Saturday, June 11, 2016

Art & Soul

Coming soon: The Soul of Art
(the book)


On Sunday, June 5, 2016, Art and Soul set off on its maiden voyage at San Damiano Retreat in Danville, CA.  Topics included: 
•  Imagination--Mother of Art
•  Telling the Truth Through Art
•  The I AM of Being an Artist
•  Sharing Our Artistic Gifts


The artists, writers, and musicians who attended gave the day a rating of 9 (out of 10).

My next project this summer will be to convert the workshop material into a book  under the same title.

I Am


I am the fine and graphic ARTIST; I paint, sculpt, draw to touch the hearts of those who view my work.

I am the COMPOSER; I transmit the beauty and compassion of Creator-Spirit through the gift of music.

I am the MUSICIAN; I channel the composer‘s vision to bring joy, uplifting peoples’ spirits.

I am the SINGER; I add voice to music, moving and entertaining my audience.

I am the DANCER; people’s spirits soar along with my body.

I am the WRITER; I use language to transport my readers.

I am the POET; my verse gives light and new life to soul-dead spirits.

I am the PLAYWRIGHT; I speak truth to challenge those who might be life-blind and indifferent. 

I am the ACTOR; I hold a mirror to the world. 



(c) 2016 Alfred J. Garrotto

No comments:

Post a Comment