[ My guest blogger is Rev. Charles Ara, married Catholic Priest/Marital Therapist and author of the book, THE GRASS IS GREENER WHERE IT’S WATERED. Charlie and I were schoolmates back in . . . well, let's just say, 'Back in the day.']
On this Valentine’s Day, I offer 10 suggestions on caring for the most important relationship in your life:
1. Have specific times when the TV, Cell phones and the computer are OFF.
2. Make dates at least a month in advance and write them own on your mutual calendars.
3. Take an evening walk at least once a week enjoying the evening air and holding hands.
4. Get away to a hotel or motel once every three months for two nights and three days.
5. Go to the beach or park in the early evening and enjoy the sunset.
6. Exercise together in the morning or in the evening
7. Take a long auto drive getting out of the car every few miles to take a short walk together.
8. Have breakfast together at a restaurant on a Saturday morning without the kids.
9. Have a good strong lock for your bedroom door.
10. Every day, find your partner, look into their eyes and say THANK YOU FOR BEING MY LOVER, MY PARTNER, MY COMPANION IN LIFE, MY PAL AND MY BEST FRIEND.
Some of these activities may cost money, but what better thing to spend your money on than taking care of the most important relationship in your life.
(c) 2014 by Charles Ara
Father Ara can be reached at (562) 865-4075, His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.