Monday, May 4, 2009

Life-Changing Books


A friend asked me recently, "Of all the books you've read, which ones changed your life?" The question stumped me. Although I read on average 30 books a year (many of you must read more), I couldn't come up with a list on the spot. Oh, I could be glib and say that every book I read changes me in some way, but that wasn't the intent. So here goes. These are a few of the books that played a significant role in shaping who I am today. They are not in chronological order.

Born to Win, by Muriel James

The Public Life of Our Lord Jesus Christ, by Archbishop Goodier, S.J.

Servant Leadership, by Robert K.Greenfield

Intimacy, by Shirley Gehrke Luthman

The Primal Wound, by Nancy Newton Verrier

The Reed of God, by Caryll Houselander

The Life You Save May be Your Own, by Paul Elie

and (of course) Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment